Thursday, July 13, 2006

Giraffes in Africa

I have heard the giraffe is the tallest mamal on earth standing up to 19 feet tall (That's taller than Shaq two times over!). According to an artical written by the African Wildlife Foundation, "Ancient cultures in Africa revered the giraffe, as some modern cultures do today, and commonly depicted it in prehistoric rock and cave paintings."

Did you know?
Despite its long neck, the giraffe has only seven vertebrae, exactly the same number as man and most other mammals.

Do you think the world needs Giraffes? Please comment below.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering that the giraffe has always been my favorite animal, I would have to say that I believe it is an integral part of our ecosystem. Someday I hope to have a herd of giraffes roaming in my field in Lake Shore. Then, as people drive by, you will hear a lot of screams of delight (probably some of pain as a driver runs into a telephone poll from mass confusion) and comments of "Look at the giraffes over there in that field!"

Monday, July 17, 2006 11:38:00 PM

 
Blogger smasatob2 said...

I'm glad you like Giraffes John. I think you should use your land in lake shore to build a wild animal park where animals can roam wild and untamed. I'll be your business partner. I know this great place where we can get endangered species two for one. It's called Africa. What do you say?

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home